Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Exogeology ROCKS!

One of the newest members of the online geoscience community is 13-year old Zoë Bentley, a homeschooler and Sahuaro Girl Scout who created the Exogeology ROCKS! website that came in second in the NASA No Boundaries project. In her description of the site, she writes,
Hi, I’m Zoë. I’m very interested in exogeology. I hope to become an exogeologist and get data from Mars rovers. I love rocks and geology, as well as astronomy, so this is a great topic to research! I also like reading and writing about different science related topics, including time travel and geology.


An article in the Tucson Sentinel says the Sahuaro Girl Scout Council's Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Program matched Zoe with UA chemical engineering student Laura-Ann Chin, who served as a mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment