Sunday, February 15, 2009

Kilo-post milestone


In the midst of blogging tonight, I crossed the 1,000th posting mark.

I started this blog on January 1, 2007 and completed that year with 101 posts. But in 2008, my blogging increased dramatically, with 774 posts for the year. I'm maintaining that level in 2009 so far.

It wasn't until March of 2008 that I signed up for the Blogspot analytics so the statistics are for only the past 11 months. It's interesting to see what the top ten posts were during this past year:

1. AAPG meeting: 6 figure starting salaries for geologists
2. Grand Canyon flood
3. Arizona Tellurium rush
4. Wall Arch collapses in Arches National Park
5. Identifying the mystery rock
6. Is it time to buy a gold mine in Arizona?
7. Grand Canyon not as old as recent reports claim
8. Grand Canyon web cam
9. Havasu Canyon restoration costs estimated
10. Geology salaries up 35% in 3 years

I'm obviously enjoying this and it's heartening to see the number of readers continuing to increase. And I'm surprised quite often by people who tell me they read this blog. It's not just other Arizona geologists as I initially expected, but folks who follow a wide range of natural history of the area, including some reporters who monitor this site looking for news stories.

It's been fun too, to meet other geobloggers and see this community grow and evolve. But enough ruminating. There are other posts I need to get working on.

2 comments:

  1. Contratulations on your kilo-posting milestone! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job! The silent masses appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete